Thursday, 12 July 2012

Birthday times!

My birthday

My birthday
Skirt - River Island
Bag - Asos
T-shirt - h&m
Coat - Topshop

My birthday

My birthday

It was my 24th birthday on Monday! I decided that I either wanted to go strawberry picking or visit the Museum of Liverpool, but couldn't decide. Alas, the weather gods decided for me and I woke up to showers and decided to spend the day in Liverpool. It was my first visit to the Museum of Liverpool and I have to say I was really impressed. The museum is the white building in the middle of the last photo. It has some really good views over the Mersey and the Albert Dock. It was really interesting too finding out more about Liverpool. There is a section of the cultural history of Liverpool with things from TV, literature, music & sport and then there is a bit on the social history of Liverpool, such as how the wars affected the city, the political history of the city (we are a renowned left-wing city!) and religion in the city (we have 2 cathedrals and lots of other places of worship too). Liverpool has so many great museums and they are all free, which I kind of took for granted until we went to York and I felt a bit ripped off having to pay so much to get into their museum (which wasn't half as good or as big as the Liverpool museum by the way...biased, moi?). 

We could have easily spent longer in there, but then our tummies started rumbling and we headed to Moose Coffee, as recommended by Miss Cay on twitter. The pancakes were amazing and as I munched on the pancakes and drank a fab coffee, I honestly felt like I was transported back to America in a mouthful. My only gripe was that there wasn't enough maple syrup on it. Scott had an equally amazing bagel with salf beef, corned beef and bacon on it. The best thing about Moose is that the pancakes are served ALL DAY! So many places in Liverpool only see them fit for 'breakfast' whereas I say pancakes are perfect for any time of the day. I also really want to try the waffles. I think that I could happily eat breakfast for every meal, from pancakes to a full English, there is nothing better than a good brekkie. 

13 comments:

  1. I agree! Waffles, pancakes, eggs! Who couldn't love breakfast food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Birthday wishes xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! And those pancakes look perfect! It's been ages since I've had a good American pancake...

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pancakes look amazing! Glad you had such a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the Albert Dock. So many photo opps! Those pancakes look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday :) Those pancakes look SO good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm looks good, if you are ever in Cardiff you should try The Pot cafe, they do American breakfast, pancakes and my fave which is corn bread with scrambled eggs.
    I can't imagine having to pay for museums, they are all free in Wales!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday! Love that skirt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday! ^^ Looks like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, we have breakfast for dinner at least once week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a fab birthday! Great pictures and love your outfit x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday! Those pancakes look epic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday, sounds like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails