Saturday, 14 July 2012

Our house

House portrait

My birthday present off Scott was a Becka Griffin house portrait! How amazing is it? She creates bespoke portraits of houses, either in colour or black & white, from photos sent to her (she doesn't sit outside the house drawing like some people thought!) I love that ours is in colour because we have a lovely red door and green privet hedge that just wouldn't look the same in black and white. (I also love that she didn't draw in any of the dodgy cracks in the pointing or where the gutter is leaking a bit, looks like a perfect version of the house haha). 

It's the perfect gift really, especially for my first birthday in our house and coming up to 1 year since we got the keys. She also does bespoke portraits of wedding venues which would make a perfect wedding gift. 

14 comments:

  1. This is SO cute! I'd love to have one done but as we are renting at the moment I think I'd wait til we buy our first place. I can imagine keeping it forever too as a reminder of our first house :)
    thelifeofemily-alice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a perfect gift! What a beautiful drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift - my parents are currently renovating our house and it's their 30th anniversary this year, so I may just get one commissioned for them! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely gift, what a beautiful idea!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, what a beautiful idea! the picture is just lovely, what a wonderful gift. it would look just beautiful in a frame hanging in the hallway or living room. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely gift! Nice and personal and very original as well. I bet you'll love it all your life<3

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, it's brilliant! Tempted to get one as a surprise for Jonathan :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great gift, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! That is such a gorgeous illustration, and a really thoughtful present!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this! What a lovely gift :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails