Monday, 16 July 2012

Wedding planning #2



We have our venues booked! I am so so so excited now and now that our family & friends know, I'm excited to share it with you lot too. We will be getting married in a little place called The Athenaeum in Liverpool in their library. Then, afterwards, we will be hopping on a double decker routemaster and going up to the Georgian Quarter in Liverpool to our reception venue, Hope Street Hotel.



The wedding breakfast will be on the fifth floor of the Hope Street Hotel, which has amaaaazing views over the city and a balcony to boot. I love the contrast between the old and the new of our venues and I know that the food at Hope Street will be amazing as my sister had her graduation meal there. We also visited last weekend for a wedding fair they held and got to try some of the amazing canapes - so delicious.

We decided we didn't want to get married in a church straight away - neither of us attend church except for christenings and weddings and we would rather get married in a space that we feel comfortable in but it as equally as stunning as churches are. A library seems so appropriate for a librarian and PhD student (will be Dr on the wedding day *fingers crossed*) and you can't get much more amazing than the Athenaeum library. 

Our wedding will be late September 2013, we have it all booked and now the crazy bit starts - trying to get it all organised without driving ourselves mad with wedding stuff. I think once September comes, I will start looking for dresses. I am sure that the next year will fly by though! I am so excited to be Scott's wife though, it all seems so real now.  

28 comments:

  1. yeay, they look amazing, i'm so excited for you, the library is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I got married in a library, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! I love how you're getting married in a library (ok, I'm biased, I love libaries...). And your reception venue is a beautiful contrast :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those venues are stunning and the library is perfect!
    Congratulations, I'm sure the time will fly by :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. smiiiile. So happy for you Helen! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my the Library looks stunning! And so perfect for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both venues look amazing. I'm getting married in 3 less than 4 months and have so much left to organise. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It looks fantastic. I love Liverpool and especially Hope Street. Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming (well, in a year!) wedding. I've designed and made a apir of pink opal earrings for my latest giveaway if you fancied entering. Em ♥
    http://mimiandtilly.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/pink-opal-earrings-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!! My friend's son was married there, it's beautiful & so fitting. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting! Both venues looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The library looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really like the venue of your wedding..I'm hoping and pray that it will be successful event..
    Congratulations in advance..:)

    Unique Weddings

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds lovely, how exciting!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds wonderful and so 'you'!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great venue! It's going to be fabulous. Can't wait to hear more of your plans.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, both of these venues are amazing. I'm getting so excited for your wedding, I love that you are keeping us updated on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh amazing - Hope Street Hotel is lovely, and the food is amazing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're getting married in a library!! It couldn't be more perfect.
    So so pleased for you Helen =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Athenaeum has such an interesting history. I didn't realise they opened it up for weddings. I thought it was a private members club Freemason style! I'd love to explore all these places. Your wedding sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! I cannot wait to hear what other library treats you have planned. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh, that sounds SO lovely, getting married in a library!? Perfect :)

    I had my graduation dinner in Hope Street Hotel, also lovely! I can't wait to see/hear more of your wedding planning!

    allaboutthegirlblog.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I couldn't think of anywhere more elegant, beautiful and frankly heavenly to get married than in a library!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, that hotel looks lovely. I'm sure you'll have an amazing day.

    Nig

    Bridal Gems

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both venues are so gorgeous. The library is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails