Sunday, 12 August 2012

Saltwater sandals

Saltwater sandals

Saltwater sandals

When I went away to Wales for a few days, I spotted some Saltwater Sandals in one of the shops in Aberdaron. Aberdaron is like the Newquay of Wales so it's full of lots of surfer type shops that sell surfer/hippy style clothes which make you want to give up your day job and become a full time beach bum. I've seen Saltwater sandals on a few American blogs, but never in the UK. Unfortunately the shop didn't have any in my size so I just shrugged and thought 'I'll find some online when I get home, no worries.' HOW WRONG I WAS! It appears that in a UK size 5 women's, they are quite rare. Especially in the red that I was originally lusting after. Even Mod Cloth had sold out of the red completely. After a few fruitless days searching online, I decided to purchase the bright yellow ones on the basis that they will look fab with red nail varnish. And they do, don't they? 

Saltwater sandals
Shoes - Saltwater Sandals
Dress - New Look
Messy bed head c/o 3 hour nap.

Since I got them on Friday, they've barely been off my feet. I'm hoping that the nice weather continues so that I can get more wear out of them. The bright yellow makes me so happy when I look at my feet. 

32 comments:

  1. They look amazing! I really love the yellow shade - it does look fab with red nail polish :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got them in the end! They're so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so comfy ! Love the colour and style :)

    Beautiful Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Saltwater sandals! They look great x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute! I normally stick with Birkenstocks, but you are making me reconsider :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive been wanting the red ones for SO long, and now want them even more! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shoes are so amazing! I know what you mean about seaside/beachy towns, they make me totally want to become a bit of a surfer bum haha. Lovely colour x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're so beautiful, I love bright yellow

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grew up wearing Saltwater sandals! These bring back such happy memories. I love your color choice; I don't know that I've ever seen a yellow pair before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look really cute on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look so lovely. I've seen these on so many blogs and can't find anywhere that sells them in the UK or in the south west, must look harder :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a look on http://www.sunsansandals.co.uk/, they have an online shop now and list of stockists. x

      Delete
  12. These sandals are LOVELY, I may have to get some!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are they really comfortable? The color is pretty, I like it :)

    another day to wander

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, very comfy. I've worn them lots.

      Delete
  14. LOVE them! I adore that colour and they look so comfortable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are gorgeous! They look so comfy as well as pretty, and perfect with red nail varnish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are so amazing, I love the colour and shine! I am almost happy you couldn't get the red (although they'd be beautiful too), as the yellow is just brilliant!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the yellow! Those are some cute sandals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love them! Your outfit is gorgeous : ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wanted the yellow but couldn't get hold of them in a 5 so I got them in white. I was totally happy with them until I saw your picture. Now I'm wishing I had yellow again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That dress is so pretty and I love the sandals x

    ReplyDelete
  21. they're really nice! love the ywllow

    ReplyDelete
  22. They're really lovely on you - the colour is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh they're so cute! Love the yellow colour - good choice! :) (And yes I'd seen people saying how hard these are to find, so well done!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hadn't heard of the brand before but they look lovely, the yellow was a great choice x

    ReplyDelete
  25. They're lovely! Are you going to try and track down a red pair for next year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely! Will start searching in April haha.

      Delete
  26. i have the yellow pair too! they are so very comfy. i just wish we'd had a bit more nice weather to wear them. Oh well there's always next year. Your dress here with the saltwaters looks so so pretty hun! xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails