Sunday, 16 September 2012

I hate winter

Yes. I do. I'm not going to try to wax lyrical about how I can't wait to carve a pumpkin and have a Starbucks red cup and cosy up in front of an open fire and toast marshmallows. This is a fantasy. The reality is that winter means dark mornings where I can't wake up and not getting enough vitamin D and soggy shoes from the bloody rain and those damp patches in our living room getting worse and soaring heating bills.

Yes. I hate winter.

I mean, it does have some good points like Christmas and Halloween, but I am definitely more of a summer person. I love summer dresses and sandals. I don't like boots and layering. I've had the same winter coat for 3 years. (Do you see a pattern emerging? Just like I've had the same winter boots for 6 years.) So, this winter I'm buying TWO! These two:


H! by Henry Holland at Debenhams, £75


Miss Selfridges, £80

However, I've not turned into a complete lush, I am going to return one of them. It just depends which one I prefer when they both arrive and which fits better. Being petite, coats arms are always too long for me unless from the petite section which neither of these are so I could very well end up returning both. Or I could end up loving both of them and wanting to keep both! That could be a bad result. 

Which one is your favourite? (Could help me decide which one to keep if I end up torn between the two!) 

23 comments:

  1. I think the first one is my fave! Awwh I love winter but then I think I love every season - just having a change is nice.
    The Life of Emily-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww I quite like winter but mainly for Christmas! I do love my floral dresses and sandals though.
    Love the Miss Selfridge coat :)

    www.franleanne.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both lovely but i would keep the first one. I think it's more you. Winter is my favourite season and i love winter clothes so i would probably buy them both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I like them both! Great choices. :) I'm the opposite of you. I enjoy most aspects of summer but I wilt when the heat surpasses 35C. I'm excited to start wearing sweaters and wool socks in a couple of weeks. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. the second one is beautiful! you never know how it will look properly until trying it on but I'd definitely go for the second if it fits right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the first one! it's lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They both look great but I think the Miss Selfridge one gets my vote! I guess I'm the polar opposite to you as I love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the second coat! I'm on the hunt for a new one too, I've falled head over heels for one in Oasis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello nice blog I invite you to participate in the draw of Primark's in my blog.
    www.blogpersonalstyle.com hope you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't like winter but I love Autumn, both of these coats are amazing, I have far too many so I am the wrong person to ask, haha!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are nice but the second one, Miss Selfridge's, is the one I like the most. Winter can be tough, but a new coat will help!
    https://twitter.com/Sandrasweet30

    ReplyDelete
  12. For you, the shape of the grey one. If you *did* want 2.. Asda have some colourful ones. I so want the green one.
    I LOVE Winter. I like dark, cold mornings, layers, opaque tights, Starbucks red cups, Christmas shopping, seeing my breath, wearing my gloves... I do not like the damp grey drizzle meh that we seem to get most days instead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love winter tooooo! I love layering and hats and gloves and boots and sweaters! ah well, to each their own! summer has its perks too. I love eating outside when it's warm, and summer farmers' markets. I just don't like sweating and I get sunburns way too easily :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the first coat, although the collar on the second one is cute. I must admit I'm definitely more of a autumn/winter girl. I love sleeves, wooly jumpers, coats, hats, scarves and TIGHTS! Heat tends to make me grumpy (probably because I'm Scottish and used to being cold) although in terms of being a home owner and bill payer winter completely sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Only one winter coat?? I nearly drowned in the coat cupboard the other day - I seem to have ended up with about 6 of them and I still have my heart set on a proper duffle coat as well. The second one is adorable but I vote if your finances can stretch to it then keep both. A black coat is always useful to have.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Miss Selfridge! For sure haha :) it looks more expensive in my opinion! And if its a good fit its a classic! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I take seasons for granted. I love Summer...but then crave Autumn and cosy hot drinks. But yes, I totally agree with the whole fantasy element - there is nothing worse than getting up on a cold dark winters morning and then coming home on a dark evening! Boo. I have to start looking at coats too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love winter and I love boat coats. Sorry I am no help! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Winter sucks but I love autumn because I get to wear coats like that.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. THANK YOU for this! I was beginning to think I was mental for feeling bummed summer is over and not particularly wanting to eat pumpkin in everything or think about christmas yet. I want just one more sunny weekend! I love your blog, just found it, gonna have a good browse :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails