Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Liverpool food & drink festival



Liverpool food festival

Liverpool food festival

Liverpool food festival

This weekend was the Liverpool food & drink festival in Sefton Park and myself & Scott went down on the Sunday to check it out. It was even better than last year! First stop was the churros stall, yum. Only downside to them was that the chocolate was a bit on the stingy side. 

Liverpool food festival

Liverpool food festival

After the churros and chocolate, we were in need of something savoury to balance the sugar out so we stopped at the Bistro Qui stand and got a portion of beef bourginion with potato dauphinoise and some frogs legs. It was the first time we'd both tried frogs legs (I've had snails before but never frogs legs) and they are like a weird cross between chicken and fish. It wasn't horrible, but I think I enjoyed the beef more. 

Liverpool food festival

And one of the highlights of the food festival was the Merseyside Bakeoff! Paul Hollywood was hosting and judging! I am such a big fan of the Great British Bake Off, I felt a bit star struck. He was very funny too, I would like to see him host his own show about baking where he is less serious and bad cop (Mary Berry being the good cop). 

Liverpool food festival

Liverpool food festival

After watching the bake off, I was craving some cake so we headed over to the coffee bar area where there were quite a few of Liverpool's independent coffee shops and I picked up a flat white from Cosy Bean Coffee and an oreo cupcake. It was deeeeelicious.

Liverpool food festival

Then we had a mooch around the marketplace area and bought a few bits to take home, including some pizza dough, local vegetables, coffee syrup and cheese. We stupidly didn't buy any chocolate to bring home though which I am regretting already. You can't beat the chocolate cellar's hot chocolate sticks or chocolate bars. 

So, all in all it was a fantastic day. I'm really looking forward to the Lantern Parade on halloween now that is also in Sefton Park. (I've heard from the organisers that it will be on either the 27th or 28th October for 2012, exciting!). Then, before we know it, it'll be *whispers* Christmas. 



18 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! And now I am hungry. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love paul hollywood ! Everything looks so yummy , makes me hungry :)

    Beautiful Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I was there as well- it is one of my fave events of the year (I seriously had it in my diary months in advance!). Sipping prosecco in the sun was definitely a highlight ;)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank looks great I went to a food fest on sunday and came away wine 3 types of vodka xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such a lovely day. Very jealous of all that yummy food - especially the oreo cupcake! it's too cute x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazing, I've always wanted to go to a food fest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This all sounds so yummy! Looks like you had a lovely day, food markets are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always wanted to try Churros! Lovely photos xx


    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh this all sounds so good and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like my type of day out! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm churros!

    This looks like such a nice day out - and the weather looks so good for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. seems like a really good festival to visit :)
    And I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is an amazing food festival in Abergavenny if you fancy a little trip http://abergavennyfoodfestival.com/index.htm I want to go but it clashed with Paris aaargh. Food festivals would result in me putting 5lbs on in a day. I have to try everything x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks fun!! I miss Liverpool,luckily got a trip planned mid-October so not too long to wait!

    I am also a HUGE Great British Bake Off fan, addicted and I would definitely feel star struck in front of Paul Hollywood, I'd probably say something really stupid if I saw him though!

    allaboutthegirlblog.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. mmm i love churros con chocolate so much! i would do anything to go back to spain and have some proper ones for breakfast every day. food fests are always such fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That cupcake has me swooning! I love food festivals, looking forward to the one in Newcastle already!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails