Friday, 7 September 2012

Shoetastic - Ecco

It's that time of year when everyone finally feels like they can start shopping for coats and boots, despite eyeing them up all summer as being British we can't cope with having to dress for the humid/damp/wet/warm/cold weather that is the British summer. I've had the same pair of boots for nearly 6 years now from Topshop (the ones in this post) and every year I swear that I will treat myself to some new ones. However, I always have the same conundrum when it comes to boots. They are either too high on my leg for me or too high in the heel. Or they won't look right with skirts and things I wear for work. To cut a long story short, I am a fussy bugger when it comes to boots. 
Dress - Topshop
Necklace - Primark
Shoes - ECCO
So, when I was offered these Sculptured 65 shoe boots from ECCO, I jumped at the chance. To be honest, I was surprised when I was told they were ECCO - I associate ECCO with the kind of shoes middle-aged women would wear for comfort. But, I am on my feet most of the day in work so I knew that they would be comfy as well as stylish. The style is definitely much trendier than the usual ECCO style, as I think they've realised that women want both style and comfort. I wore them all day on Saturday and they didn't rub or pinch me once. I think they are quite versatile too and will look great with skater dresses, casual skirt and t-shirt combos and even jeans like Laura wore on her blog. Some cute socks would also look great with them. 
How would you wear them?

11 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about looking forward to this time of year. I cannot bear BST such as it is! Can't wait to get the cardigans and tights out. Kudos on the new shoeboots. They have an almost vintage Victorian or Edwardian look about them. V nice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like these! And that yellow necklace makes your whole outfit.

    Finding cute but comfortable footwear is definitely a problem for librarians. Most people realize how much time we spend on our feet. I'm embarrassed that I usually wear the most stylish offerings from very unstylish, old-lady brands (think Aerosoles). If the comfortable brands are creating a new image, though, perhaps I can stop being embarrassed. :)

    <3 jen @ stuff jen did

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have these bots and must agree that they are so comfy, I really love them! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a "fussy bugger" when it comes to shoes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are really pretty and so far from the ECCO that first sprang to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely, I will definitely have a look at Ecco, I need some new ankle boots!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these, practical and stylish is a tricky combination to find. I just got some clarks wedge boots for work and I'm hoping they don't look too old lady for me x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, those are actually super cute! i'd be scared walking on the icy pavement in a heel though- i slip more times in public than i'd care to admit in flats haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so fussy when it comes to boots as well - I tend to wear them to the bone then feel lost when they go ha! I've never considered Ecco before but I will definitely have a look now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous outfit! That dress is so lovely on you, and i love those Ecco boots!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails