Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Beneath the blue suburban skies

Last Friday, in between the torrential showers and hail stones that I got caught in on my 5k run, it was actually pretty sunny. I take every chance that I can at getting some sunshine in these winter months, so I decided to go for a little stroll around the neighbourhood, up to Allerton Road and down Penny Lane. The autumn sunshine just makes me want to take photos of everything.

South Liverpool

South Liverpool

South Liverpool

South Liverpool

South Liverpool

South Liverpool

South Liverpool

It was looking very picturesque. I did feel a bit like a tourist taking a photo of the Penny Lane street sign, the street made famous by The Beatles of course. This area of South Liverpool is where John Lennon and Paul McCartney grew up and you often see the 'Magical Mystery Tour' bus taking tourists to their childhood houses. I'm not really a big fan of The Beatles, but I am fond of the song Penny Lane now. 

21 comments:

  1. What gorgeous photos, Helen! I've only been to Liverpool once and I totally fell in love with it, I'm dying to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely area, I really want to visit Liverpool soon!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the pictures- you're so right, Autumnal sunshine is so lovely for photographing. Particularly loving the leaves and the butcher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waahh, your posts make me miss Aigburth/Mossley Hill so much! I think I am gonna have to have a little mooch down on the bus if the weather's all right after my next seminar, before heading back to Manchester. It's just so picturesque! Le sigh. Beautiful photos
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful pics Helen, Penny Lane is a great song

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos, I've never been to Liverpool..! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurrah! another non Beatles fan :) thought I was the only one. Cathays campus where I work is very pretty at the moment. White buildings and orange leaves x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics! Love the Beatles reerence in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really not a fan of the Beatles, but that doesn't detract from the photos at all. Are you about on Sunday for a spot of brunch? x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty pictures, and I know how you feel - I've become a 'tourist' in my own city lately too, taking pictures of everything. Love autumn! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty pictures, I've never been to Liverpool before but I would really love to!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live in Mossley Hill. it's pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those pictures they look gorgeous :-) That fruit and veg stall especially!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penny Lane! Got that song in my head now! Can't beat a crisp, sunny autumn day :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The leaves look wonderful. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lush photos, it looks so beautiful, fallen leaves always make every thing look pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore those old postboxs in walls, so very quaint xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely lovely photos! I love the one of the post box. Actually I never thought I was much of a Beatles fan but this Summer, I listened to the whole Sgt. Peppers album and I definitely appreciate them more than I did! Still don't own any of their music though!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah they are indeed lovely! You made a right decision taking photographs of it :-) I have something similar and will show it on my blog soon enough!

    xx
    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all the leaves on the ground. Such pretty pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous neighbourhood! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails