Monday, 15 October 2012

Spots or stripes

Autumn stroll
shoes - clarks, skirt - river island, t-shirt - h&m, cardigan - dorothy perkins

Untitled
shoes - carvela, skirt - new look, t-shirt - dorothy perkins, cardigan - dorothy perkins

I can never choose between spots or stripes, my wardrobe is full of both. I was tidying up my wardrobe for winter and rediscovered the stripy skirt. I haven't wore it in so long. It's just slightly too short and slightly too puffy to wear for work (I am afraid of flashing members of the public) so I don't wear it as often as I would like. 

The polka dot skirt was bought earlier this year, a bargain at £16 from River Island! I don't buy things from River Island often, but I saw Sarah with it and really needed to have it so off I popped and prayed that it didn't have any hideous embellishments on it, as so often happens in River Island. Don't you have it when your drawn to something nice in there only to discover there is a horrible 'River Island' logo on it or some diamentes for no real reason? I think they are getting wise to this and are toning it down a bit. 

So, is it spots or stripes for you?

24 comments:

  1. Spots all the way for me! There's something about polka dots that just works better than stripes (in my opinion).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true on the River Island front! I'm all for a little embellishment, but there's a time and a place for it, and they usually get it badly wrong. I particularly love the stripes! (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely stripes! I've never really been into spots that much, plus I feel they don't look good on me.. I love both looks on you though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like them both, but I LOVE the spots one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, I love both but own more stripes than spots! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say its generally stripes for me but I am on the look out for a polka dot dress in a vintage style for a party I'm going to in December!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will always love how you put an outfit together, I love both of these! Saying that, I'll ALWAYS prefer stripes. My favourite :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. RI annoy me with logos so much, they ruin lovely bags with them. I'm a polka dot fan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that spotty skirt! I totally agree - River ISland have upped their game recently, I keep seeing lovely things in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am all for the spots, loving that mustard yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hard choice! But I think I'm gonna have to go with spots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. both are so cute but I love the spots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My wardrobe is also full of both! You look so cute in both of the outfits, but my favorite has to be the second one!

    <3 Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the first outfit, looks so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't choose between them either but I don't think that's a bad thing at all :) I love both of these too, you always look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  16. I pretty much avoid River Island for that reason! You really suit both of those skirts. For clothes I am definitely a stripes girl. I'm never very sure if polka dots suit me. I've just noticed that I own three blue and white striped tshirts, do I need that many?! But for accessories and homewares, I love polka dots. I spotted (ha!) a gorgeous polka dot duvet cover the other day and trying to find an excuse to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. SPOTS! I love both of these but I think the polkadots have a slight advantage!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I take SO much outfit inspiration from you Helen! These are both flipping perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. both - and sometimes together! but im swayed by the polka dot skirt, reminds me of one i adored when i was little!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm always a huge sucker for polka dots! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails