Monday, 22 October 2012

Weekend outfits

Red & polka dots
Last Saturday: Skirt - River Island, Jumper - H! by Henry Holland, Shoes - Clarks.

This is what I wore last weekend to go to the museum, you can see most of the outfit in my photos on my last post but I thought I'd share it with some more detail. I love this jumper but the collar is attached to it and it annoys me that it's so hard to keep the collar white. Grr. Below I wore an actual blouse with a collar and my jumper over it so while this won't be annoying to clean, I ended up being too warm! I can't win...

Sunday outfit
Sunday: Shoes - Converse, Jeans - Topshop Baxters, Jumper - Tesco, Blouse - Charity shop, Necklace - Hobbs.

OMG - jeans. I know. I hardly wear jeans on my blog, but actually I wear them a lot at weekends. They're warm and cosy and practical. I wore this to go pumpkin picking, so it necessitated something practical and warm, hence the jeans and converse. When I was a teenager, I had a big collection of converse; even pink & leopard print ones! I still have my very first pair of converse and they are so comfy and perfectly worn, I don't think I'll ever be able to throw them out. Even if they're not 100% water tight anymore... I also wear this mustard coloured jumper lots too because it is so cosy. Sometimes I just throw it on over whatever I'm wearing in the house as an extra layer so I don't have to put the heating on! The blouse underneath it is a lovely little blouse I found in Oxfam for £2. It was originally from Next and is lovely on it's own too, I really should wear it more. 

I've had half a lovely weekend and half of it wasted feeling ill with a sore throat. So annoying that I'm on my second cold of the winter already. I felt lots better on Sunday though and made the most of it with breakfast with Alex, Char, Steph and Char's friend Lisa. Then we went pumpkin picking with Scott's siblings and then for a big Sunday dinner at my Mum's. I'll be sharing some photos from pumpkin picking soon! Have you all had a nice weekend? 


19 comments:

  1. Hope you picked a lovely cute little pumpkin as well as a monster one for Scott !
    I love the colour of that jumper, did not realise it came from Tesco!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also live in jeans! Looking forward to seeing your pumpkin day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin picking sounds ace! I love that jumper, go Tesco!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in jeans and trainers at work so I normally try to dress up a bit more at the weekends... Probably the opposite of most people! That mustard jumper does look super cosy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaw I love Alex and Char, wish I didn't live at the other end of the contry. I tend to try and be smart for work but not too formal because I work with students then a bit more mad on weekends and wear my heels, biker jacket and dresses that are too short for work when I;m shelving books etc Always love the primary colours that you wear x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really suit jeans, I love that outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That mustard jumper is beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the mustard jumper. I just adore mine - there is something about that colour that suits girls with colouring like ours I think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both outfits are lovely. That mustard jumper is a delight, one of my favourite colours over autumn/winter x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that first outfit and that mustard jumper is lovely too!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I LOVE that first outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the colour pop of red! I need more red in my wardrobe.

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually love the bottom outfit! the shirt with the mustard is just right!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh it's so nice to see you in jeans!
    I do so love all of your outfits. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Helen, these are some wonderful outfits. They are like my ideal weekends, pretty dress one day, jeans the next and peterpan collars always make everything better! Really really pretty! hope you're having a great week so far!xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eep, I've been looking for the perfect mustard jumper, I didn't think to look in Tescos, I need to get to one! You look lovely in both, I love the converse, I had to throw away my first ever pair which was pretty sad

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the bright pop of red here. Love your blog, definitely following you!

    My blog: www.missiffa.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute outfits, I love those little collars peeking out - too cute! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails