Friday, 9 November 2012

5 good things

I really hate winter and the dark evenings make me feel completely rubbish, so I am trying to focus on all the good things going on at the moment which can be easy to forget about when I'm feeling grumpy because of the cold and can't wake up in the dark in the morning. Here are 5 good things from the last week:



1. Booking our honeymoon. We're off to New York for 4 nights and then St. Lucia for a week! I can't wait. I have wanted to go to New York with Scott for ages but we've never been able to afford it. I've been to New York twice with my parents, when I was 13 and 16, and have been itching to go back ever since. We also wanted a relaxing honeymoon though as we haven't had a beach holiday in 4 years and think we will need to relax and chill out after the madness of the wedding. We're staying in Anse Chastenet, in the south of the island near the Pitons. Ahhh I am so excited. I'm now frantically trying to save money for spends in New York (haven't been shopping in America for so long - I love it and can't wait) so I'm flogging some stuff on eBay if anyone wants to be so kind as to help me make room in my wardrobe and also give me spends for the honeymoon!

2. Dining in the dark. On Tuesday I attended an event at the Living Rooms in Liverpool for bloggers with Alex to try their new menu - blindfolded! We then had to guess what the flavours of things were. I'll be doing a full blog post about it soon, but it was really good to be invited to an event in Liverpool that I could actually attend! Hopefully it is the start of many to come.

3. Parkin. And cake in general. I have ate so much Parkin and other cake this week but I've just been craving so much sweet stuff and stodge! My colleague brought in some guinness chocolate cake to work yesterday that was delicious and hit the spot.


4. Christmas crafts. Only just over 6 weeks to go until Christmas so my crochet hook is out again, whipping up some christmas crafts to give as gifts! I made a star garland for my friends last year and I was really pleased with them and now my sister has requested one too. I'm also going to make lots of hair clips for my niece to last her throughout the year and to co-ordinate with all the cardigans that my Nana knits her. I'll be doing a full post on my Christmas garland soon.

5. Busy weekends. This weekend I'll be spending the day in Manchester for a new library professionals event and then celebrating my friend's birthday on Saturday evening in Liverpool. Then Sunday will probably be spent hungover/catching up on housework! I do like having a busy weekend.

What are your 5 good things this week?

21 comments:

  1. Aww what a lovely idea for a blog post! I'm excited fro your honeymoon myself... sounds amazing! My highlights this week are, running for 2 miles every day.. done! Making a fitness challenge for myself for the next 6 weeks. Finishing the majority of my Christmas shopping. Going to Newcastle this weekend to see my boy and shop at Fenwicks, and I think thats it :D


    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 good things... I ate lots of cake in Manchester, saw Maximo Park, treated myself to an interview dress, met two lovely bloggers irl and had the best night out in a dodgy student club with my best friend who I hardly see. It was a good week.
    The honeymoon sounds perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your good things, especially the cake and the trip... I am not a huge fan of the cold season either, so I try to surround myself with everything I adore and wear all the lovely and warm things. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your honeymoon sounds amazing!I love it when a holiday is booked as you can spend the time beforehand planning and researching (I'm a nerd like that). Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your honeymoon sounds like it will be amazing! I hope you have lots of fun. I've never been to St. Lucia, but it looks gorgeous in the photos. Also, I love that you're making Christmas gifts. I will be too, but I haven't decided what yet. My good thing for this week is that my birthday is tomorrow, and I get to hang out with one of my oldest friends and his adorable baby boy who's 6 mos old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post. The honeymoon sounds so exciting, definitely something to save for and look forward to. I've also started my festive crocheting. I made tree and star hanging decorations last year but want to make enough for garlands this year. Not had a particularly exciting week other than baking a syrupy ginger cake. Hoping the weekend will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great things, I think I need some parkin! Good things for me this week are going to London and being photographed for a magazine, lots of coffee and pastries :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my god, I had no idea you were getting married! Congratulations! How did I manage to miss that? Your honeymoon sounds amazing anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so agree with you- I hate winter. Sometimes I find it hard to be positve about it, life can seem harder in the cold. I should have done a positive post like this instead of whinging on! A good idea for a future post when I am shivering under a duvet. I am thankful for the coffee next to me right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute post! Wowee lucky you on your honeymoon it sounds amazing! I need to get started on my christmas crafts, I so wish I could crochet-did you teach yourself?
    Rachelle x
    http://inspiredbytheretired.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was taught the basics - how to hook on and do double crochet - by Scott's Mum and then kind of taught myself through books and google. I still have to google things now and again! Youtube is pretty good to teach yourself. Here are my past posts on crocheting too: http://afeitar.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Crochet

      Delete
  11. The crochet star is lovely. I started to learn crochet but didn't have time to really get to grips with it. I'm jealous!

    The honeymoon sounds wonderful.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, congrats on the honeymoon, it sounds amazing!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Exciting times about the honeymoon! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh i was invited to dining in the dark in my area but was too busy to go :( glad it was good!

    your honeymoon sounds very exciting x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww what a shame, would've been great to meet you! It was really fun too. Hopefully there will be more events in the north-west too.

      Delete
  15. New York and then St. Lucia - amazing!! How exciting planning your honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is a lovely list! I really like this idea as I am hating the dark and cold too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to get crafting again! Your honeymoon sounds amazing, New York has so much going on and it'll be nice to have some warmth as a contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They all sound like very good things :) The honeymoon especially. I am also longing for the beach. I wonder if I could persuade Tom to go on a third honeymoon, as we've already had a second ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So good to focus on the good things - like booking holidays! Roll on 2013!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails