Friday, 30 November 2012

5 good things

Gee, that time of the week already?! This week has absolutely flown by... Here are my 5 good things this week.


1. New laptop. My poor old laptop was nearly 5 years old (or was it 6? I've lost track) and the battery had become so dodgy after replacing it numerous time and it was so slow. I'd been toying with getting a new laptop for a while but other things always came up. When I saw a bargainous deal on eBay though, I couldn't resist and got myself a little early Christmas present. Windows 8 is weeeeird. I'm not sure whether I will actually use a lot of the features of the new 'metro' UI, but it looks quite pretty. Plus it's a hell of a lot faster than my old one. 


2. Christmas candle. Yankee candles are a new obsession of mine. There was a good offer on gifts in Clinton Cards last weekend so I used it to buy some presents and treat myself to a Christmas candle. This one smells of apple, cinnamon and a slight smell of pine. I love it! I just need to be careful not to burn it all down before Christmas.

3. Spending time with family. Last weekend it was Scott's Dad's birthday and this weekend it is my Dad's birthday so we spent a lot of last weekend with Scott's family and will be spending this weekend with mine. It's so weird that in a year I will have to get used to saying 'our family' for both but we both have such great families, I feel very lucky!


4. Santa dash! This Sunday I'll be running 5k through the city centre of Liverpool in a santa outfit. I am really excited. It's just a fun run so no official times, so I'm just going to take it easy and enjoy the atmosphere. Every year the Liverpool Santa dash tries to break the world record for the largest one and it'd be pretty amazing to be part of a world record breaking run. 

5. Having a job that I love. Yes, there are bad days and yes, I moan sometimes but ultimately I have one of the best jobs ever I think. I love working with people and helping them find the information that they want. My colleagues are fabulous. Working with the public is so unpredictable but that's what I like about it. 


13 comments:

  1. It is so healthy to love and respect your job!

    And good luck with your run! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Windows 8 desktop looks so weird!! Intrigued to try it though. Jealous of your 5k run in a santa outfit - although I feel like it might be rather hot and sweaty.

    Also....I seriously need to own my first yankee candle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very hot and sweaty :( But fun!

      Delete
  3. Yay for loving your job -things have beeen pretty stressful with me lately but I do really love my job so I don't mind too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so lucky to love your job. Like, really really lucky!

    I'm on the hunt for a laptop. Something fairly cheap and nothing too fancy. I don't know where to start though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try eBay! That's where mine was from, the dabs outlet. They often have lots of good deals on the homepage deal of the day.

      Delete
  5. yey for a new laptop! I was looking at Christmas candles yesterday and I need to get myself one ready for when the decorations go up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Yankee candles, definitely the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That candle sounds AMAZING! And you really are so lucky to have a job that you love, I'm very jealous!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for loving your job! I have some seriously stressful days at mine, but really, at the end of it all I wouldn't change it for something else :)
    Cx

    Shopped and Dropped

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need a new laptop so badly right now! This one is 4 and a half years, on it's third battery and literally falling to pieces :( lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I desperately need a new laptop, going to try and save some Xmas money!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw love this bit of positivity! And who wouldn't smile for a new laptop =) xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails