Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Bridal wear on the high street

I still haven't been wedding dress shopping, much to the dismay of many around me. I was always 'Oh when it's less than a year away' and now it is, Christmas has been my excuse! I am definitely, definitely planning on going in the New Year though. In the meantime, I spend an inordinate amount of time online looking at wedding dresses, scouting out my favourite designers and where their nearest stockists are. I'm also looking for a simple blue bridesmaid dress for my sister. When you think bridal the first thing you think are post bridal boutiques where you need an appointment just to LOOK at the dresses, but more and more high street shops are now doing bridal ranges and it's quite refreshing really. I remember seeing Franky from Love Audrey wearing an absolutely gorgeous Phase Eight dress on her wedding day and she looked absolutely stunning, like a 40s film star. After having a browse myself, I've picked a few dresses from Phase Eight in two different bridal styles. 



phaseeight2

First up are these beautiful grecian style dresses. The bridesmaid dresses would love amazing with statement necklaces and the wedding dress in the middle is just calling out for a floral crown. 

phaseeightwedding

And next are these 50s vintage style prom dresses. These are much more my style (in case you couldn't tell!). I think prom style dresses are so flattering and easy to wear. No tripping up over your long dress and they look fabulous on the dancefloor. And of course one of the benefits of tea style dresses is that the shoes become more of a star of the show that they deserve to me. I am still on the hunt for my perfect wedding shoes but I *may* have found them...I just need to save up enough money for them! 

Would you ever consider heading to the high street for bridal wear? Both of these wedding dresses are less than £400 so think of the extra money you could save to spend on bridal shoes! 

*sponsored post*

12 comments:

  1. One of my friends bought from the high street and she looked absolutely gorgeous so definitely all for shopping anywhere for the dress but she opted for more expensive shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd definitely go for high street wedding attire- ideally I'd like the dress to be one I could wear again, and same for the bridesmaids dresses. The less money you're spending on the outfits (especially if you're only going to be wearing them once), the more you've got for the venue, food etc, and- most importantly- the honeymoon! I wouldn't buy a dress from like... Primark, but all the same, I can't see myself ever shelling out loads for designer dresses. I think the first three especially are amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a high street wedding dress because it wasn't that important to me and saved a lot of money! Coast's bridal range has some really gorgeous dresses x

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I'm lucky enough to get married one day I'll definitely be going highstreet for a dress. I love and appreciate those traditional big white wedding dresses, but they're not me and I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing one! I would love my future wedding dress to be one I can wear more than once! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend got married in a dress she got from Debenhams for £200 and looked beautiful. She changed for the reception into an amazing dress from Topshop and wore that all night and got a whole new outfit. She wears this all the time and spent what she was going to spend on a £1000 dress on a holiday for her and the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. High Street was always my plan until I found a bargain ex-display dress from Pronuptia. I let my bridesmaids choose their own dresses as long as they were pink, and they were all high street, one was from Phase Eight and it was gorgeous (as they all were!). Coast have some lovely dresses too I seem to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so smart! I think the High Street styles are more likely to be worn again. And besides, why spend so much money on a dress that will be worn just once? The pink velvet off the shoulder dress is definitely my favorite. Does it come in blue, too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your high street picks. There is just so much choice out there that you don't have to go down the traditional route anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are lovely, I really like colourful wedding dresses. I wore Betsy Johnson for my wedding, could never see myself in white!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The high street option definitely seems like a good one. I love the colour of the dresses too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely! I would rather spend that money on my house or the honeymoon! There are a lot of great dresses now in regular shops, and a good tailor can make anything fit you perfectly. No one would know that you spent less. And honestly, so many of the dresses at bridal boutiques all start looking the same after a while. I can't tell you how many weddings I've been to where the brides' dresses were virtually interchangeable, but I wouldn't tell them that of course!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the top middle the best!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails