Thursday, 29 November 2012

Manchester Christmas markets

Manchester  Manchester

Hmm overpriced mulled wine! It must be Christmas. It isn't really the festive season until you've battled your way through the ridiculous crowds, seen the giant Father Christmas in front of the town hall and had some mulled wine. I admit, I felt a bit fatigued with the Christmas markets this year. You can hardly move and it's the same stalls every year. Anyone else feel like this? I still came away feeling pretty festive after some mini pancakes and mulled wine.

Manchester

Manchester

Manchester

Isn't a little bit too soon to be buying Christmas trees too?! People in work have been debating when to get their tree down. We are having a real tree again and will be going to get it on the 9th December, that feels just right to me. I may have listened to about 4 Christmas songs so far but I am trying not to peak too early! When do you put your Christmas decs up? 

14 comments:

  1. What a cute beret!

    http://www.mumblingsandstumblings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely look very festive (and cute!)x I admit I'm also getting tired of the crowds and people going CRAZY with all the shopping.. ahh. :S xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. minipanckes! they look delicious, for me it's christmas season when i start to decorate my home, but this year it has to wait till i pain the walls :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love christmas markets! I am sure there are loads in London, need to find a good one. Love your hat also!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hat, it is so cute! I may put my tree up at the weekend but I haven't decided yet!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss Manchester :( I don't put mine up until 1st of December, its the rule in my house x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we are going to get a real tree this year too. I'm not sure when to get it, but Dec. 9 sounds like a pretty good date. I do love Christmas markets; I know they're crowded and it's the same stuff every year, but I would rather deal with those crowds than the crowds at shopping malls or gallerias. Gah! I really try to avoid them if at all possible this time of year. There's just tons of people without any of the charm, you know? Those pancakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's definitely not too early to buy a tree. Though if it were real, the ones I've had in the past have dropped their needles after about three weeks :( Love a christmas market me! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the earliest you should put your christmas tree up is 1 December. But then I have been baking Christmas biscuits already, so I can't talk. I would really love a mulled wine as well, need to find an alcohol free version somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they do non-alcoholic somewhere! They even had it at the market (Scott doesn't drink alcohol and was very pleased by this.) I also noticed that copella apple juice had a winter punch version out to drink warmed up which sounds yummy.

      Delete
  10. Ooo a cute old lady told me about the Manchester market today at the bus stop ha! It sounds pretty good:)
    We're putting up our decs on the 1st this year which I'm a bit annoyed about because I'm not feeling quite so Christmassy yet xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks wonderful.. We have a lovely Christmas market here in Oxford, I must take some shots for your to see! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love christmas markets, I will be posting about the christmas market in Glasgow very soon!

    Michelle x

    http://www.tartanbrolly.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails