Sunday, 25 November 2012

Miracle on High Street, Manchester

We had our christmassy trip to Manchester planned for a while so we were really excited to hear about Almost Famous's new christmassy offering, Miracle on High street (or @Almost_Xmas on twitter). I still haven't tried Almost Famous, but they are supposedly the best burger place in Manchester (maybe the north-west) and also the most secretive. There are no signs and it's just up some stairs behind an office door in between two bars in the northern quarter. Miracle on High Street is just as hard to find, just at the back of Socio Rehab on the High Street. Miracle is only open for the run up to Christmas and the whole menu is full of Christmas winter warmers. We went for the Miracle sandwich, which is essentially a Christmas dinner crammed into an amazing sandwich, topped with a pig in blanket. 

Manchester

The amazing Miracle sandwich. My Dad always makes 'bubble & squeak' after Christmas, which is just a big fry up of all the leftovers and gravy and this is what it reminded me of. I think I may be inspired to serve the bubble and squeak as a giant sandwich this year. Just to the right you can see the gobble gobble fries, which were sweet potato fries sprinkled with a festive mix of spices (I have no idea what this spice mix was but it was amazing), topped off with shredded turkey in gravy and cranberry sauce. They also do some amazing sounding stews served in bread bowls. You can see the rest of the Miracle on High Street Menu here. 

Manchester

The whole place was like a winter wonderland, full of fairy lights and Christmas trees. When you walk in, the first thing that hits you is the smell of pine. It made me want to go out and buy a million fairy lights to decorate the house with. 

Manchester

Manchester

Ahhh, the cocktails. There are festive themed cocktails available and I went for a Candy Cane Collins, which was a strawberry, vodka, white chocolate and cream coda concoction, topped off with a candy cane. They also do traditional warm Christmassy drinks, like baileys hot chocolate, mulled cider and mulled wine. They were actually the most expensive things on the whole menu, with mine being £7! But hey, it's Christmas, it's worth it. 

Manchester

I really recommend catching Miracle on High Street while you can, it's the perfect antidote to the overcrowded Christmas markets. (Which are fun and Christmassy but not good if you hate crowds as much as Scott does). I'm still an Almost Famous virgin but I really need to rectify it soon. Word on the grapevine is that they will be opening an Almost Famous in Liverpool come the spring, and I cannot wait. I'm now craving a miracle sandwich for brunch. 

16 comments:

  1. I love the mad little pop-ups that Almost Famous runs! They did one a while ago called Keko Dogging Paradise, with the tiki bar next door to it, with the most amazing hot dogs ever, cocktails and live music a few months back, though that was only for the day. Living about five minutes from this, I'm definitely going to have to check it out once my boyfriend's back from Germany. I'm glad you enjoyed Manchester (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! will have to try and pop in to the other one when I'm in Manchester in the new year. I think I need to suggest this idea to someone in Cardiff. Nothing'pop up' happens here other than a few fashion students opening a shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm christmas. I am already looking forward to christmas dinner and the leftover fun that comes after xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That actually looks amazing! I wish Bristol would catch on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ow my, the candycane cocktail *.*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow - this looks so good! I am craving christmas dinner already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That candycane cocktail sounds AMAZING! Sounds like a lovely antidote to the overcrowding too!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This food makes me miss being a meat eater!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh God, the place looks *fantastic*! I could totally fall in love with it! And the sandwich looks scrumptious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. that looks great. we are going to Manchester Christmas market next week, I can't wait. They are my favourite markets :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was undecided as to whether I was going to head down but you've made my mind up for me now, I don't think my Christmas will be complete without one of those Miracle Sandwiches.

    Jemma

    http://www.mumblingsandstumblings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. That place looks amazing! Love the decor and the cozy lights :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that place looks amazing! If only I didn't live so far away from Manchester.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds so good! I love it when businesses get right into christmas. I also love post-christmas leftover sandwiches. deeeelicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aah, thanks for such kind words about our bar! We just finished making a website with all our information on if you'd like to link to it: http://www.miracleonhighstreet.co.uk - see you again soon!

    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails