Monday, 10 December 2012

Christmas tree day

Christmas tree picking

Christmas tree picking

Christmas tree picking

Christmas tree picking

Yesterday was Christmas tree day! We had had it in our diaries since the start of November (probably) and we had the decorations down and we were ready and raring to get our tree for this festive season. When I woke up in the morning, the rain was SO heavy, I was so tempted just to cancel Christmas tree day and buy a cheapo one just so we didn't have to face the rain. We visit a forest to get our tree every year and while it is fun, it can also be very, very miserable if it's wet like it was last year. Luckily, it stopped raining and then brightened up into one of those fabulous sunny, clear but cold winter days. I do like them, I can top up on my vitamin D but still wrap up warm. We met up with Scott's family and began the usual ritual of choosing the tree. Too tall, too wide, too naked at the top? Too uneven? Eventually we chose a reasonable 6ft tree and decorated it when we got home later while watching Elf.

Oh Christmas Tree

Our tree is quite traditional, lots of red and gold. I also have lots of cute little animals in the tree.

Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree 

Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree

The last two are some new additions that were gifts off my Mum. The living room now spells of that lovely Christmas tree smell. I think the tree we have this year smells lots more than the one from last year, even though last years was much bigger and wider, which is good. We also have our wreath on the front door. It's definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas! 


17 comments:

  1. I love all the decorations. I really like a traditional tree. I can't wait until we have room to buy a real tree. Ours is a fibre optic one that was given to us and whilst it's pretty, it's not as nice as a real one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love a traditionally decorated Christmas tree and yours is a beauty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tree and I have that gingerbread man!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best day of the year! Even better that you went to choose your own tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got our tree last weekend too! I love that Christmas tree smell. Your ornaments are adorable, and I love your coat too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little penguin and owl!!
    I used to love going to cut a Christmas tree with the ex's family when I was in college, it was a lovely tradition and much more fun than getting things out of the loft :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tree :) We're buying ours this friday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh your tree is lovely! I like all the red, it is so pretty at this time of year! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo Christmas tree day! Best ever. Real trees are the way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love traditional trees as well. Ours is also in gold and red. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tree looks fantastic! I really wanted a real tree this year but as the only place we can put it is next to the radiator then we thought it would be best to go for a fake one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tree looks gorgeous! I love your curtains as well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi! you have a very cute blog! would you like to follow each other? i'll be very happy!)

    http://lenascookbook.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  14. The christmas tree looks great! :)

    http://fantasyfashioned.blogspot.com/
    xx ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely tradition! Since having my daughter i'm all about coming up for traditions for both of us and having a Christmas tree picking day sounds like a really nice one, hopefully one for the future!

    Your decorations are adorable too!

    Amy x whatamydidnxt.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails