Happy Friday! It's been a while since I've done a 5 good things Friday post, but that's because 2013 has been keeping me busy and tiring me out. But, it's all good...
1. I got a promotion! 2013 is off to a pretty good start career wise. Last Thursday I found out that my proposal to speak at a national library conference (CILIP Umbrella 2013) was accepted and also that I got a promotion I had applied for in work. I found out on the Thursday and started on the Monday! I am now Lead Librarian at one of our libraries. I am so excited and feel so lucky, but I know that it will be a challenge and the first week has been draining already. Luckily, one of my colleagues also got the position of lead at another library, so we are going through similar things together which is helping. It is only for 6 months so far, but who knows where it might lead! I only started working in libraries 3 years ago on my work experience placement at Uni and now I'm a manager. It's been a lot of hard work and I feel blessed to have had such a great start to my career.
2. Enjoying 6music in the mornings. Well, I have to find any way possible to make my early mornings more bearable in the dark and my lovely new radio (Christmas gift from my parents!) and a cup of coffee certainly helps.
3. Evenings curled up on the sofa watching Mad Men. I got series 5 on DVD for Christmas as we never watched it because it was on Sky. Oh. My. God. I don't want it to end! We have one episode left and we are rationing it and can't bring ourselves to watch it because then it will all be over. Sob. Favourite series ever. Anyone have any other recommendations of DVD box sets to get?
4. Wedding planning. 8 months next week! I still haven't got a dress (or even started looking...) but we are going to re-visit our reception venue to sort out things like the menu, drinks, numbers, etc. Luckily Scott is more organised about wedding things than me, so he has it all under control. I'm actually a bit weirded out at how un-bridezilla like I am. Maybe when it is less than 6 months away it will kick in? Or maybe I'm just too laid back for all that shit? Ha.
5. Pay day treats. Tomorrow is pay day so I'm going to treat myself to a new handbag for work and also some new work clothes to congratulate myself for getting my new job. I've hardly bought any new clothes for work since we bought the house, so I feel like now is the time to smarten up a bit and invest in a few key pieces (within my budget! I would have a whole wardrobe full of Hobbs and Reiss if I could...) Hopefully I will be able to share with you my finds from the weekend later next week.