Saturday, 26 October 2013

Honeymoon pt 1 - New York

2 days after the wedding, we departed on our honeymoon. Our first stop was 4 nights in New York. I've visited New York twice before with my parents when I was 12 and 16, so it was nice to return 9 years later with my husband and experience it as an adult. I love New York and want to go back there already. I love the different neighbourhoods and their unique feels and the buzz the city has about it. In our short 4 night stay we managed to cram in so much.

New York 
Cycling in central park

  New York 
Top of the rock

  New YorkNew York 
 Greenwich village and the magnolia bakery

  New York 
Walking the High Line in Chelsea

  New York 
Amazing food (Rueben sandwich and brisket/corned beef sandwich in Katz's deli)

  New York 
Walking the Brooklyn Bridge

  New York 
Exploring Dumbo

And of course shopping and some museums. We also went on a circle line cruise around Manhattan which was excellent. We walked so much, about 30 miles! Comfy shoes are a must. After 4 nights, we then flew out to St Lucia for a week of relaxation to rest our feet and recuperate. I'll share some photos of St Lucia soon. Having a 2-part honeymoon was definitely a good idea and we have so many great memories. 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like my trip and looks like you had a wonderful time! I took the same shot from the high line! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing, congratulations on your wedding. I really want to revisit NY! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the top of the rock at night is such an amazing experience - I was there for 7 days and it wasn't long enough! I can't wait to hopefully move out there one day (when I'm on a ridiculously huge wage of course haha) Sounds like you had a fab time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing! I am so impressed you fitted in so much to four days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved the idea of a 2 part honeymoon! Such a good idea. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks lovely, I really want to visit New York!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails